Thursday, October 06, 2016

Maranatha

Reading Twitter today makes me feel as if we are literally on the very edge of a precipice, beyond which lies terra incognito.  It is at moments like this I am reminded this is not first time this concept has come up.

"Now as He (Jesus) sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a] these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,[b] and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."
 - Matthew 24:  3-13

4 comments:

  1. Indeed; this is all a part of God's plan; something we've got to do our best to remember. He's looking out for His people, to be sure.

    I know that it's for the Father alone to know when "the end" is, and I know that many have said "The time is nigh!" since Jesus ascended into Heaven. I'm not a "doomsday" guy. Still, I can't help but to see that humanity has never been in a better position to destroy the Earth than it is now! That being said, I prayed on this, and what I got back was that, well, this ain't the end...

    As for "Terra Incognito;" As us sailors say "Here' there be monsters!"

    Stand by for heavy rolls as the ship comes about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly it seems more possible than ever Pete.

      And unfortunately for me, I tend to get seasick...

      Delete
  2. I hope it isn't that bad. I kinda think right now Putin is going to see how the election turns out before getting to militant back at us. I think he feels he can work things out with Trump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am not so sanguine about Putin. There is greater advantage to him moving pieces into place now when the U.S. is almost deadlocked in its inability to act with the elections and a lame duck president. To wait until the election is decided is to take a risk the situation is not what he would like it to be.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!