Thursday, June 09, 2016

The Sound Of Rolling Dice

Change is in the air, darn it.

I cannot see it.  But I can feel it.

The feeling is washing over me more and more.  And there are real, practical outcomes of this.

For the first time in forever, I contradicted a superior in a meeting.  Laughed out loud at a suggestion they made which was 10 times more difficult and less relevant than the one that we had come to weeks before.  And when I mean out loud, I mean shockingly so.  There is no forward there now, only the establishing of hard won positions.

I have openly begun discussing the possibility of not being there much longer at my current place of employment.  I have begun - oh, how I have been down this road before - of beginning to look at the activities and things in my life, to begun to ask the question "Would I still do this?  How will I do this?"

There is nothing of course, nothing but the sense that a corner has been turned.  The dice are rolling, even if I cannot see where they end up from my view of the table.

But hearing the sound, I know they will eventually stop.

And I want to be ready to leap when they do.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:26 AM

    Dude.... if you're certain tge axe us coming down, then don't be there when it does. You don't won't to explain to a potential new employer why you were fired. In your case, I'd jump ship and quickly before I let them fire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure that the axe is coming soon. But I am conscious of it. And am trying to to make the most of my options.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Always stay with the boat... unless you have another boat to lump onto...

      Delete
    3. Very sound advice Pete. I made that mistake...once. It did not go well. I have learned my lesson and rectified my error. No leaps of faith for me, at least in that regard.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!