Wednesday, June 08, 2016

A Little Solitiude

So it turns out I have a little bit of a break.

The entire household has shipped out to The Happiest Place on Earth today, leaving me all alone for a week.

In a way this is always very odd to me.  One gets used to the hustle and bustle of a house filled with people, going about their business.  Now the house is strangely silent, the sounds of crickets and the neighbor's air conditioner all that fills the night.

People always ask "What are you going to do with yourself?"  After all, being alone theoretically offers one a great deal of possibilities.

Not really for me, though.  I am rather a homebody.  The quiet suits me.

I have reading planned of course, and the normal chores that I have around the house (the rabbits and guinea pig appreciate the attention).  Maybe a little gardening now that the weather has (hopefully) dried out.  Plenty of time to think of course, and maybe to do a little forward planning.  It feels, after all, as if we are on the cusp of change.

A little solitude is actually a welcome thing.

2 comments:

  1. I do love my own company and every week I have that as hubby works away, the kids have flown the nest and I love it, as well as looking forward to hubby returning at the week end :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my point of view, that sounds lovely. Frankly, the crowds and heat and summer did not really sound attractive to me. Everybody wins: they get The Happiest Place On Earth, I get peace and quiet.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!