Friday, January 01, 2016

2016: The Year of Toirdhealbheach Beucail

So I decided that I was going to make this year my year when I woke up this morning.

2015 was good.  Did I do everything that I intended to do in the year?  Not hardly.  Did I do a lot to move me forward?  Absolutely.

- Got professional certification
- Participated in Highland Athletics, including my first out of state game (which I performed credibly at).
- Took the Japanese Language Proficiency Test
- Opened up a new garden plot
- Continued to engage in Iai, including buying a nagniata
- Competed in an endurance race and successfully completed it
- Made the decision to change churches
- Published one book, wrote and published another (that makes seven total)
- Found a fantastic sensei for weight training
- For perhaps the first time in a long time, came up with a clear vision of what needs to happen for me to move to the next level
- And, as almost the last thing I did this year, found my old mission statement for my life which, upon looking at it, continues to be the mission.

So Huzzah indeed and well done.  But I see this only as a launching pad for this year.  I know what I have to do, I merely have to do it.  I have a plan.  I have the qualities I want to develop.  I have the skills I need to prepare myself to move the next level or job or career.

And so as the final act of commitment - the proverbial "burning of the ships" - I claim this year for me.  No turning back now.

The way is only forward.






2 comments:

  1. nice. Sounds like you made a lot fo progress in 2015. I look forward to seeing you make more in 2016. Or reading about it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preppy. I hope so- after all, now that I have publically declared it not making progress would be sort of embarrassing. I am hopeful there will be lots of progress to read about (from us both).

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!