Friday, January 23, 2015

A Breather

So how did the week end  up?

On the whole, okay.  In spite of the rather tumultuous week it has been personally (I do not know about you, but I am pretty much exhausted!)  I am feeling in a pretty okay place today.  I got some sleep last night, which is always helpful, and my cold/allergies seem to have calmed down to a dull roar.

One thing I made a point of doing last night (which I am not always good at) was making sure that I gave myself the maximum time to rest.  Other than dinner and a little iaijutsu (because one should practice iai every day)  my evening pretty much consisted of reading and petting rabbits, which is a fine was to spend any evening.

One piece of good news we found out yesterday is that we are getting a bonus, which is almost the full amount that we could get.  That is a welcome piece of news (and relief) in a week that otherwise sort of went sideways.  We will ferret away most of it but there a couple of things that need doing before then.  It certainly beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick (or worse, no bonus or not having a job at all).

For those of you that are new, thanks for sticking with me.  I would like to say that this is not the norm, but sadly I think it more or less is:  long periods of angst occasionally (and hopefully) punctuated by small points of wisdom and useful knowledge.

It looks like rain and cold this weekend so I am a little at a loss what I will work on around here.  We have gotten over an inches of rain in the last 36 hours so the chances of doing much of anything is out of the question (you would think I would welcome the chance to stay indoors).  I see The Ravishing Mrs. TB bought me a gallon of whole milk so maybe there is some cheese in my future.

A Happy (and much deserved)  Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Reading, petting rabbits and a bonus. Sounds like a damned fine day to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are surely worse ways to spend a day Preppy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!