Monday, December 01, 2014

The Last Big Old Year Push

The last great press into the New Year.

A goal of sorts for myself:  I would like to take the last two weeks of the month off.  In order to do this, I will have to compress all of my work into 15 days.  It is a lot - I already made the list before I left for Thanksgiving, and of that time I have two days which will be consumed with an outside visitor.

15 days.   Can I do it?

I am not alone, of course.  I have a ready team of associates that are more than able to assist me (we all win if we get this done now) so it should certainly not be impossible.  And there is even a sense across my place of business that this thing can get done - because again, we all benefit if it does.

It is interesting to me because it is the first time in a while I have the sense of saying that, at least for work, there is a fixed time point after which I can officially say "I am done for the year".   My projects should be taken care, work put into the background for a two week period where I do not have to worry about what might happen while I am away or what will be waiting for me when I return.  In other words, I have the potential to come back into the New Year with a complete sense of closure from the previous year.

And how awesome would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!