Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

Welcome to Black Friday - at least Black Friday the way I do them.

I am sitting ensconced in my bedroom in the chair beneath the reading light.  The cup of coffee that is not quite warm enough is next to me, but I am a little bit too lazy to get up and warm it.  Looking to my right I can see a straight shot out the window into the trees that grace our neighbor's backyards.  The trees - at least the ones that are likely to turn - have started to do so as all of them sway back and forth in a wind that just looks miserably cold from the inside.

The sky is dark with clouds, brought along with the wind that moves the trees.  Occasionally a smidgeon of blue sky peeks through but is covered over by clouds of variegated shades of gray and white.  The Sun is doing the dance it loves to do in such weather: fading in and out like a dimming light bulb, sometimes very faint and then suddenly bursting into full shining.

The house is quiet now:  Na Clann are all still abed due to being out late last night catching deals with The Ravishing Mrs. TB, who herself is looking out for round two.  Syrah the Mighty is lying beside me now, perhaps hoping that either a walk or the off chance of food is in her immediate future.

There are things to be done over this holiday of course:  a garage to be organized, walls to be patched, even  some planning for next year to be done.  Yet strangely I cannot shake myself from here and now of the silence inside and the dancing trees outside with leaves fluttering in the wind like flags.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Preppy - Sorry, I accidentally deleted your comment rather than responding to it. Yeah, the rain and cold gets me too. We did some good work in the garage on Saturday but were helped greatly by the fact that the weather was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!