Monday, June 30, 2014

Trying to Find God's Will

I need to find the will of God.

I know, I know.  The Scriptures are filled with it:  Be ye holy, for I am holy; do not commit adultery; love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength; love your neighbor as yourself.  I get it.  The will of God (MacArthur would call this the revealed will of God) is littered throughout the Bible.

I am looking for something bigger.

I find myself in the position of being able to predict (within two to four years) the fact that I will have to make another choice - perhaps "have to" does not cover it, I will be forced to.  A clock has started ticking, a clock that I am certain will go off within that time period.  When it does, I am going to to (more than likely) be in the position of needing to either make a significant move or make a significant change in my life.

So what is that change meant to be?  That is my question.

Once upon a time I thought I knew the will of God for my life. I thought I was meant to serve in the teaching ministry of the church, but that was proven not to be so.  Then I thought it was to serve in the church in the capacity of an elder, or even a deacon - again, proven not to be so.  For a while I even thought it was to serve on a worship team - but that also was only proven to be for a little while. So whatever it was, clearly I either missed it - or did not do it.

And now I see another great turning.

I need to know - because otherwise I feel like I am just flailing around in the dark, hoping to find a direction when I know a choice is coming up.

And I do not want to miss the correct choice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!