Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Morning

There is little so disabling as a Monday morning.
For me it begins the night before as that general feeling of "Sigh" creeps over me.  The nights are not better - on Friday night I could sleep through a hurricane, on Sunday night I wake three or four times until at last I leave the bed to keep from waking others up and lie on the couch tossing and turning until it is close to the time that I think I should actually be up and about.

It is clear, is it not?  The disabling sensation, the tossing and turning is directly tied to what I have to do right after it: my job.

The lack of sleep does not help my perspective on things, to be sure.  It is easier to be enthusiastic about something when one is well rested but how does one become well rested when one's life keeps pushing into one's sleep patterns.

I will get through the thing of course - I have to.  I will suit up here in a few moments, drive to work, and submerge myself in the needs of what has become my career.  I will probably have a few good moments and a number of items I need to work on as I go through my day.

But there, in the back of my head, the countdown to Friday has already begun.  And with it, the ability to sleep through the night once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!