Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pointless Day

A day of pointlessness awaits.

Not that it is not busy.  Essentially I will hit the ground from commuting running, spending the entire day (excepting lunch) in meetings or trainings.  While I am in these meetings there is work that needs to be done:  documents that need to be reviewed, items that need to be signed, questions that need to be asked - all of which, of course, will have to be filled in around the margins.  Then I will commute back home (1.5 hours it took last night) to try and cram in whatever actual life I am trying to have.  If I am smart (and I seldom am) I will try to sleep at a reasonable hour, thus further constricting my other time.  This is what my life seems to have become. 

These are those days when I sincerely ask "Is this it?"  Because I can go through the entire day, meet everyone else's expectations of me and still feel as if I have accomplished not one thing.  Which of course leaves me completely cold about starting the day at all.

It is not that life is horribly bad, I suppose.  It is just that it is so bureaucratic, so layered with tasks and jobs of little seeming importance that must be accomplished that I scarcely feel that it will be anything but a day of life ultimately wasted in the pursuit of trivia.

In other words, a pointless day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!