Monday, October 21, 2013

Proof III

So my proof arrived this weekend.

I am excited because this looks like a real book - about 180 pages long - and represents my most significant attempt at writing to date - as you may recall, the genesis for this book was almost a year ago during National Novel Writing Month.  It is 50,000 words (more or less) - in other words, an actual book.

Going through the proof has been a little depressing - although I reviewed it three different times, I am still shocked at the amount of errors that I have missed.  That, of course, is a little disheartening as one continues to find them.  But I have to keep things in perspective:  1)  It is about 50,000 words; and 2)  I have no editorial staff (except myself) to catch these things.  Sometimes I am my own worst enemy.

But I need to makes sure that I do not lose the larger picture.  I have received back a proof - by the end of the month, I will achieve the goal of having released it.  In terms of writing, that now makes three books that I have self published - three books that, at the beginning of 2012, simply did not exist.

Perhaps I cannot do everything, but I can do more than I imagine.  I need only make the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!