Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Who?

Who is this man that has been creeping out from time to time:
confident, aggressive, no nonsense?
I cannot say that I recognize him.

We share something, of course:
a body, five senses, the same brain -
but I do not believe I have met him before.

He claims to have much the same experience as I:
same upbringing, same education, same family.
But there is something different about him.

He is what I seem not to be: 
He simply wades through things, determining and commanding
as he goes.

He seems to be so much of what I think I need -
hard to believe the lips he uses
are my own.

Who is this man that has been creeping out from time to time:
confident, aggressive, no nonsense?
I cannot say that I recognize him -

But I want to know him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!