Friday, June 28, 2013

Wild

Where did you come from,
a tsunami of emotions?

I did not expect to see you here:
I thought that I had safely confined you to a lake bed or canal,
a calm and soothing presence slowly moving,
reflecting the wind.

Now suddenly you are not confined to the place I put you
but have struck out,
tearing the carefully groomed grounds of my life
and washing them away.

My carefully made paths with crushed granite
are now dirt and rock.
The bamboo like green arrows in the quiver of the earth
is now broken and askew,
leaves trailing like broken feathers.
All that seemed carefully controlled
is not.

Only the stones,
grounded in the earth,
speak of permanence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!