Wednesday, August 22, 2012

6 AM

There is little worse in life than laying in bed awaiting the day you don't want to have.  It's even worse when the thoughts start showing up by themselves.

I laid awake this morning, vestiges of the night's dreams floating through my head - which, apparently, involved various Italian dukes of Ferra and Sforza from the Middle Ages - confusing me to no end.  Why were they there?  What possible reason could they have to show up randomly?  Why would I be thinking about them before I go to bed to invade my dreams?

Ah, Headache.  My old friend.  Apparently you missed the memo last night in which I requested we postpone our meeting until a later date.  No matter, I suppose.  You're here now.  We'll just carry on today, shall we?

Well, at least it's Thursday, the end of the week is near...What?  It's only Wednesday?  No wonder the week is feeling like an eternity - because it apparently is.  Sigh. There really is a whole additional day of work to be completed.

Hmm?  Ah, Work Plans.  I see you've taken the opportunity to visit me even though I have 3 hours or so before I actually have to start thinking about you.  No, I'm not really concerned with what documents I have to get done today.  Or tomorrow. Thanks, no, I'll pass right now on considering what I will say for the meeting I have at 4:00 this afternoon.

Interesting.  Hope?  Excitement?  Fun?  No, they don't really seem to be up along with everyone else this morning.  Maybe they've taken the opportunity to sleep in.

Maybe they're on vacation in Italy, visiting the villas of the Italian Dukes.

Sigh. 

Why yes, I think I'll get out bed, thanks.  Who could resist these charming invitations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!