Monday, April 09, 2012

Starting The Day: Miasma

Sometimes the problem with trying to get positive minded and "successed up" is overcoming the morning.

I really wish I understood why things worked this way. There are days where I can spring out of bed ready to act and enthusiastic. There are other days (today, as you may have guessed, is one) where it is all I can do to acknowledge that today has come and I'll probably need to be about something.

The difficulty, of course, is that that moving forward is built on making progress every day - yes some days more, some days less - but still moving forward, something that a mind set such as mine this morning would seem to make impossible. A morning before anything else spent in the doldrums will lead to a day spent in the doldrums, which hardly moves anything anywhere.

It's certainly not achieved by dwelling on the bottom rung, the place that I seem to be trapped so much of the time. Nor is it achieved (as I can attest to by personal experience) by simply "willing" myself out of a mood - it always seems faked.

No, the times that I am most able to turn my "epic fail in life" mood around is when I am able to look to something else or someone else, that I turn my eyes from whatever is here to what is there, from what is to what is possible.

The morning sets the tone for the rest of the day. By learning to fix this, I think I can learn to make every day that much more successful, that much more of a progression, instead of a stand-in-place failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!