Monday, February 06, 2012

Missing Center

Centering is so hard to do these days.

I've no real sense of a center right now. Life seems to be ripping by at about 1000 miles an hour, and if I'm lucky I can get about one tenth of it in.

How does one bring oneself back to the center of one's existence? So often in my own life events and tasks seem to be dictating what I should do and how I should do it, rather than me dictating such things to my life.

I seem more busy but less purposeful, more involved but less engaged, more movement driven but less destination achieving. It leads to a life that is constantly in motion but seldom doing anything of value, a life that is constantly doing but seldom making a difference, a life that is always "active" but seldom bring deep value to others.

Would that I could clear this fog of existence from my mind to refocus on that which is truly important and less of what claims for itself how important it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!