Friday, July 15, 2011

Work Things I Don't Want To Do Again

Work Things I Don't Want To Do Again

1) I don't want to manage people again. I like working with people as friends and colleagues, not as a supervisor.

2) I don't want to have my life's work to be categorized by paperwork in a box which occasionally gets pulled out, looked at, and then returned.

3) I don't want to spend my time working on things which are doomed to fail but no-one has the courage to admit it.

4) I don't want to be put in the position of being responsible for tasks no-one cares about but everyone expects to be done.

5) I don't want to work on things that do not, somewhere, have an impact in a good way on the lives of others.

6) I don't want to work where there is a lack of vision.

7) I don't want to work where management is glorified at the expense of those who do the work.

8) I don't want to work (if I can) where the reporting structure is much above me.

9) I don't want to work where I wake up every morning with a sense of doom about the fact I have to go to the job I have.

10) I don't want to not take pride in what I do or where I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!