Thursday, February 24, 2011

Resolved

Facing a day of confrontations and choices.

I am trying to decide how I feel this morning as I prepare to set out. Anxious? Always. Anxious to do the right thing, for my family and my coworkers and my God.

Frightened? Not so much at this point. The worst case scenarios have presented themselves to me and surprisingly, they are not worse than what I have faced before. Difficult perhaps, but not worse.

Resolved? Yes. The time has simply come for confrontation and action. Not angry action, not precipitous action, but action. To continue to take mental body blows, to continue to watch my coworkers take the same - without responding, without assistance, without respect - is something which can no longer be countenanced.

There are times, it seems, when even the most timid must rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!