Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back to New Home

And so, I am in New Home.

This is that odd time of the year, the time between vacation and the New Year, the time between mentally closing everything out and preparing for the New Year while adding to the mix (since we moved) the process of integrating the new things I've learned and new decisions that were made during vacation.

And some were made. Not so much made, I suppose, as reaffirmed. For me to make any decision at all is a fairly significant event, so there are items to rejoice about here: where I want to be, what I want to be doing.

How I am going to get there is somewhat less clear at this point. I see the road, even as I am shrinking from considering all its implications.

But then, this is where I always have broken down in the past: implications. Wanting to do something, yet when the realization of what the cost would be comes to my attention (and there is always a cost) or the simple realization that there is a cost, I turn aside back into the rut of doing what I am doing because there are no implications there. No advancement towards anything of significance perhaps, but no implications either.

But those things are for the morrow and the days after. Today, for one glorious day, I can simply be somewhere, doing something, and not feel that making no significant plans or changes will derail the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!