Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Disappointment

Disappointment yesterday evening when I arrived home. The opportunity that I hoped was going to be available will not be.

At this point I have no idea why - I've submitted a request for additional information, so we'll see what I can find out. However, it is disappointing (there's that word again) that it did not work out as intended.

Which in some ways puts me right back to the drawing board - but the drawing board with a purpose.

In going through this exercise, I think I got little closer to what I am doing and why I am doing. The thought patterns that I entertained during vacation have helped me move along there as well.

There was a quote I found this morning as I was reading through Victory: Applying the Proven Principles of Military Strategy to Achieve Success In Your Business and Personal Life by Brian Tracy by Sir Francis Bacon: "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds."

Fine. Just because I had everything worked out in my mind didn't mean it work out in real life. That just means I have to try all the harder. This most recent opportunity was one that I found.

I'll just have to work to make some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!