Thursday, March 04, 2010

Jesus and Time

How did Jesus find the time to do what He did?

I ask this in the context of my own life, where on any given day I only ever accomplish half of the things I intend to do. I collapse into a heap each night (seldom now do I have the problem of falling asleep); each morning I seem to stagger out of bed half conscious. My day is filled with running hither and thither on this and that, an endless series of motion seemingly resulting in nothing.

And I, I have not nearly the life that Christ had or the purpose He came for.

How did He do it? Surrounded by people at virtually all times, many of whom sought miracles, having no true home in His three year ministry (I forget that everywhere He went, except by boat, He walked), so often probably feeling as if He could not even get His message across to His closest friends.

And yet, He accomplished all He came do.

So the question is this: am I seeking to do too much, not enough of the right thing, or the wrong thing?

Christ prayed - often, and for long periods of time, and still accomplished much. Do I pray? At anywhere near that amount?

Could it be that my seeiming sense of failure and His success is a combination of the two?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!