Thursday, February 25, 2010

Who am I?

I'm feeling out of control of my persona this morning Lord,
A compilation of thoughts and actions I never intended to become.
There are things I do which I do not understand,
And those that I do that I do not understand.
The good intentions I dream of I seldom do,
While those things that are less than desirable flow out and around me
Like slow, stagnant stream.

Who am I really: what I see and feel, or what I seek and dream?
Am I that one I aspire to, or the one that I find myself living with day after day?
Is the trajectory of my persona set straight into the air
Or is flat, clipping the treetops as I go over them?

Who am I: the man I long to be, or the man I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!