Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Prayer for Lent II

"All I have is Yours, and myself with it. Yet is is really You who serve me, rather than I You. Heaven and earth, which You created for the use of man, await Your pleasure and obey Your laws day by day. And even this is a little, for You appointed the very Angels to minister to men. But what surpasses all these, is that You Yourself stoop to serve man, and have promised him the gift of Yourself.

What return can I make for all these countless favours? If only I could serve You faithfully all the days of my life! If only could render You worthy service, even for a single day! For You alone are worthy of all service, honour, and eternal praise. You are truly my God, and I Your poor servant, who am bound to serve with all my powers, nor should I ever weary in Your praise. This is my wish and desire; whatever is lacking in me, I pray You to supply."

- Thomas A Kempis, The Imitation of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!