Friday, January 22, 2010

Dream

I had another one of those dreams last night that makes you wake up, go "Huh", and then not be able to sleep for the rest of the night.

I was apparently living back near Old Home somewhere, renting a room din someone else's house. There were a variety of items - including cattle, three potatoes, and other things that I can't remember - that I had decided I wanted to use for a project up at The Ranch. After waiting for a while and not hearing anything, I loaded them up into a truck - an old 1940's model with the high slat walls - and drove them up to the Ranch.

I arrived back at where I was living only to discover a message from the landlord saying that the very items I had just taken up were going to be taken by the other people that lived house (?) the next morning. Sighing to myself because I just finished, I got back into my truck and drove up to the Ranch, where the items were still in the truck I had driven them up on. I started to drive them back, only to discover that my father had apparently contract to have the driveway fixed and the road up the hill to the house my great aunt and uncle had originally lived in was completely torn up and could not longer be used. As I was looking in frustration at this, a group of people (women as I recall) came riding horse through the property, herding cattle. The earth moving that was changing the driveway was no impediment to them. As I looked down, seeing them ride through the remains of the old road as I stood on the new heights above, I felt an intense feeling of frustration: why didn't I get told not to use the materials before I took them? How was I going to get them back before tomorrow?

And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!