Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Busy Busy

One nice thing about a new job is that you're busy again. One not nice about a new job is that you're busy again.

I'm relatively pleased with my self awareness that I came in having not great expectations about the state of things at the new job - as I told my father, "I'm just assuming things are three times worse than what they told me." Yay. I was right.

The struggle for me is not to immediately get sucked into the state of the system, but maintain a dispassionate eye enough to look at the system and analyze it - not just react to it when things come up, your fellow colleagues roll the eyes and say "Oh no, not this again."

Perhaps I make it sound like it's terrible. It's not - but it needs a great deal of refinement. It is a system designed at a different time, for a different company, conceivably making different products, a system there is enough time to fix problems as they occur but not enough time to sit and design a new solution.

Ah, it's great to be working again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!