Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Authentic Living

I am quite amazed how easy it can be to lose the sense of and focus on God in day to day living - especially when one's daily routine is interrupted.

The thing that equally amazes me as much is how, when removed from the daily and weekly surroundings and individuals, how so much of what I think I am "doing" is really all on the surface, a sort of Pharisee-like coating. How much am I really living out the gospel in a world where it is desperately needed - not just by behaving a certain way or doing or not doing certain things, but by showing a true difference in how I live, and being willing to demonstrate the hope that is within me?

What does it mean to be a Christian in a time and place which seemingly has no interest in Orthodox Christianity because they think they don't need it? Behaviour is not enough - though to be fair, how we behave should be done to please God, not for the sake of others.

It is in living, in witnessing, in living through our witnessing - which for me begs another question: how well do I do this with family and friends, let alone the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!