Monday, July 14, 2008

Smarter than this

I find myself feeling discontented and trapped tonight - trapped in my life.

Ye saints and martyrs, I'm smarter than this. I feel trapped by work, trapped by finances, trapped by what I'm doing. This vague sense of "This is not really working - but I've no idea how to change it."

I am growing tired of living in this ever present miasma of fear about the economy and the future. I am not at all happy about the economy, do not misinterpret, nor do I think that my job is immune from it. At the same time, fear is doing nothing. Why am I not smarter about doing something, anything to get out of this rut?

Perhaps the one thing that needs to happen is I (again) need to find a locus, that one thing where I can start making sense of it all. What is the one place I can start at?

I need to something to catapult me out of this bog. Slogging through in ordinary ways is, I think, not going to be effective.

I am smarter than this.

1 comment:

  1. I have stuggled over the years with myself with the whole fear/control issue. For me it is trying to get to a place where myself ends so I can let God take over my life which is already His in the first place. Much easier said that done..All I can say is hang in their friend and as my Dad use to say, "this too will pass".

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!